He asked me to marry him. I said yes. The end! :)
Oh, you wanted more details? Well here is the longer version …
my two favorite rings
As you know, Christmas is my favorite holiday. I grew up celebrating at my grandparents’ house in Oklahoma and can count on one hand (with fingers to spare) the number of times that I didn’t make it. Now that I live so far away and my parents are divorced, I really cherish the week I usually spend at “home” that time of year. (It may be like a scene out of Four Christmases, but I love our traditions.) So even as Dave and I became more serious, we spent Christmas with our respective families and met up for New Years.
This past year was no different. Dave went to his mom’s with the pups in time for his sister’s birthday on December 21. I stayed in DC until December 23, when I flew to Dallas for Christmas #1 of 5 … Read the rest of this entry
best part of Maple Fest – the maple BBQ sandwich
- I am counting down the seconds until Friday at 6 p.m. when the book club crew will be leaving for our annual girls trip to Staunton, Va. for the Highland County Maple Festival. Olivia has recaps for the past three years over on her blog: 2012, 2013, 2014. Be prepared for her to post another after this weekend!
- I don’t necessarily agree with all of these, but you can try them out at the restaurants on my DC Guide. Thrillist
- Getting up in the morning is not my forte, unless of course I have no reason to be up and then I’m wide awake before the sun. An evening routine is the only reason I’m not a complete a hot mess each morning. Pick the Brain
- Do people actually wash a towel after using it only once? Ain’t nobody got time for that! (#11 and 25 speak to me – don’t agree with #24 or 29 though) Thought Catalog
- Let’s not be like this, ok? InfoBarrel
Have a great week, y’all!
You guys, no joke, I started this post last August. And I’m just now publishing it. To be honest, I was just too lazy to add in pictures and links for the many great places in this wonderful city. I love living in DC, and over the years I have developed a list of sorts to help guide friends and family who have visited. After passing it on to my boss’ friend’s daughter, someone I don’t even know, I decided I should post about it here and share the wealth with all of you! So without further ado … Read the rest of this entry